Hovercraft Alaska Forum Index
Where hovercraft flying and Alaska come together
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in

  Goto Hovercraft Alaska Homepage    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  

RUDDERS

 
       Hovercraft Alaska Forum Index -> Sevtec in Alaska
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jack
Guest
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: RUDDERS

Would you pleae give me the dimensions of the "stopsign" rudders and any details I would need to build these for my Surveyor.
Thank You, Jack
Back to top
Hovernorth
Site Admin
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: dimensions of stop sign

The stop sign is 3 ft x 3 ft, I cut it 3 inches beyond the corners, to have the corners availilble for attaching the rudders. I used the left over piece for manufacturing other odds and ends. The aluminum in a stop sign is high quality, it is very ridgid and corrosion proof for the most part. Almost marine grade aluminum.

Use the exisiting cross members that are built to the plans... All I did was drill a hole in the top and bottom cross member of the cage... put a 6inch 5/16 bolt through each hole, and used small cable clamps that I predrilled into the corners of the rudders, 3 of them on each end of the rudder. Leave the cable clamps loose enough to slide the bolt thru each one... then tighten the cable clamps. The rudders will swing on the bolts and hold the rudder in place. I pop riveted a peice of wall shelving bracket the length of the rudder, between the bolt ends, to help make the rudder more ridgid.
I have been useing these rudders for over 4 years now, and have proven flawless. I will try to get a picture up of the lash up for you, and put it in the Sev album of the CEO's photo pages on the main page of the site.
_________________
CEO, Hovercraft Alaska
Back to top
Hovernorth
Site Admin
Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 46
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: rudder pictures

I posted the pictures for your referance in the Sevtec Album
_________________
CEO, Hovercraft Alaska
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
       Hovercraft Alaska Forum Index -> Sevtec in Alaska All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Igloo Theme Version 1.0 :: Created By: Andrew Charron